I just wanted to thank you very much for all your work on the website redesign. This has without a doubt been the most successful launch of a redesign we have ever had and I attribute that largely to your input and creativity along the way. We have not received one negative comment or even neutral! Everything we have received has been extremely positive – and we have received a lot of feedback.
Carol Beam, Director, Communications and Marketing, Durham College
The project with Durham College was highly collaborative. We worked with their internal design and technical team to improve the overall navigation and usability of the site and improve the College’s buy-in to the web presence. The activities we undertook were typical of our inception phase process. This consultative process involves many stakeholders in the new design and is a careful blend of technical, creative, secondary research and usability testingthat ensures the new build delivers the right messages.
Activities included the following:
- Initial Project Discovery Consultation- meetings with evcconsulting’s team and the school to understand the vision, mission, and measurable goals for the project.
- Best Practices Report & Needs Analysis– a review of the best sites out there with insight and recommendations on how the site might best be structured to lead the way in this category.
- Information Architecture & User Interface Consulting - our IA/UI team completed an extensive IA and UI consulting assignment that delivereda:
- Usability testing plan including preliminary UI recommendations for validation research and examples.
- Detailed wireframes for major departments and faculties, with template recommendations for second, third and fourth levels
- A new look and feel that was a collaborative effort and involved all stakeholders.
- Usability Validation Research- research analysts completed this secondary research exercise which utilized a preliminary site with home and second level page design/s